Tuesday, April 7, 2009

learning to drift...

I am trying to get used to our wood floors. I am so used to running on carpet so this has definitely been a transition. I have to watch myself because if I am running full speed and try to stop, I am going to crash into a wall.

This has not been fun. I had to learn to slow down, but thats no fun at all. Then I learned something new!

The other day I was watching some movie about car racing with my owner. He's into these kind of movies, I kinda just tolerate them. Anyways, I was watching these cars as they were flying around tight corners. They did this really cool thing called "drifting". I don't know if you've ever seen it, but it is really interesting.

I thought to myself, "What if I apply these same principles around the house?" Anyways, I learned that if I keep my back legs churning as I fly around the corner I can get just enough traction to make the turn. Boy is it fun! Now I can chase after all the chew toys without crashing into walls. (well most of the time)

You should see me run, its like a whole new Pancho--drift style!