Saturday, February 21, 2009

snake attack!

Tonight when I was going out for my last lap around the yard, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a snake. Now the rule of thumb is that you have to take about 18 inches away from the snake when you first see it because it freaks you out! SO in my mind this snake was 10 feet minus eighteen inches. Not really, but my owner and I jumped back about 5 feet when we first saw it.

I didn't know what to do at first. It seemed friendly enough, but then it took a swipe at me. Luckily I am twice as nimble as I am cute, so I was not hurt. But boy did my master freak out. He wouldn't let me go teach it some manners. He kept pulling me away. The worst part of the whole thing is that I still had to go use the restroom when we came back in. I guess I'll just have to hold it until the morning. Oh well, I like my comfy bed. Hopefully I won't dream of waterfalls and rivers and rain. sigh...

1 comment:

bradley said...

Pancho don't be afraid of a silly old snake, try to encourage your master to go boldly ahead and overcome the evil serpent. Next time break away from the master and dispatch the slippery snake. On the other hand I'm not so sure we should jump out ahead of our master and act, sometimes our masters have our best interest at heart.

Why don't you try to overcome the snake together.